Visit Las Vegas, Top things to see in Las Vegas, Las Vegas Tourist
Top things to see and do in to Las Vegas
Visit Las Vegas. Las Vegas has it all, gaming, gambling and the famous Grand Canyon, it is all fun fun fun. Las Vegas is from humble beginnings having only been a dessert 100 or so years ago. The land was initially inhabited by American Indians, and then the first non-native Americans was a Mexican trader. Situated in the Mojave Desert, Las Vegas receives less than 51 mm of rain each year. It was built in a basin similar to the rivets and valleys around the whole desert. Vegas is situated in the state of Arizona and is one of the most popular holiday destinations for millennial’s. It’s population is around the same size as Glasgow.
If you’re considering a visit to Las Vegas then why not send your bags to ahead, as a safer alternative, to avoid Covid 19. Many of our customers are now using our service as an alternative to collecting baggage at baggage carousels and checking in luggage at cramped check in queues.
With Covid-19 beginning to ease and infection rates gradually slowing down people are looking to go on vacation abroad. Cheap flights area available from the UK and Europe to Las Vegas for relatively reasonable prices. For example, Norwegian air offer a return flight from Gatwick for as low as a few hundred pounds.
Here are our recommendations of things to do in the underbelly of Las Vegas
- Neon museum – the neon boneyard exhibits old Las Vegas signs. For example, the old Moulin rouge neon sign is here aswell as the golden nugget hotel. There are plenty of other historical signs and educational exhibits.
- Mob museum- the only dedicated museum to crime in the USA. The museum is located in a former courthouse. It has 3 stories and explains the story of the mob’s rise in Las Vegas.
- Las Vegas Speedway – Watch Nascar racing or go to the Electric Daisy Carnival to watch some of the best DJs – held every summer.
- Grand Canyon – why not take a helicopter ride straight into the valley?
- Area 51 tour – arrive at the airport for your flight on “Janet Airlines.” This was the “airline” which transported workers to and from Area 51. It’s a 10-hour trip and you’ll be under the watchful eye of men in black
- Bodies exhibition at Luxor – a bit like an anatomy museum – side exit doors if you’re feeling wheezy
Top 5 hotels
- MGM grand – world famous venue and hotel. Resident DJs include Calvin Harris and also hosts some of the biggest boxing events.
- The Rio – mid range budget hotel – still 4 stars – situated just off the strip. Traditional favourite for Americans
- Venetian – modelled in Venice with its own Cannaregio. Built by Sheldon Adelson
- Bellagio – famous film location for Oceans 11
- Golden nugget – one of the more traditional hotels. Around mid-budget pricing
If you plan to go to visit Las Vegas this year, why not use a baggage shipping company to send clothes ahead. AiroLuggage provides a fast door to door luggage delivery service. We can deliver from Europe to New York in less than 48 hours in some cases.