Visit New York, Things to do in New York, New York Holidays
We all know it as the Big Apple – the glitz and the glam of visiting New York. From Wall Street to Greenwich Village, New York has plenty on offer for the discerning traveller. Why Not visit New York?
The roll call of things to do in New York goes on forever. Take a bite out the big apple and get a taste for the mighty skyscrapers, including the empire state building, glamorous shopping avenues and soul food eateries.
Remember if you’re travelling to New York sending baggage cheap couldn’t be easier with AiroLuggage’s luggage delivery service.
Things to do
- Underground tour and the New York subway – Take a ride through the lost tunnels and stations of New York
- Grand central station tour – Tour the secret vaults including a tennis pitch overlooking the city
- Minetta Creek – Underground river that flows beneath Manhattan – tours available online
- Statue of Liberty – Take a boat tour to the statue – it wouldn’t be New York if you didn’t visit the statue of Liberty
- High Line New York – This scenic outdoor park on a disused railway line attracts locals and tourists alike. After catching some rays you can head to Chelsea market
- Central Park New York – nestled in the centre of New York is this sun-kissed green space- perfect for a morning jog or a bit of sunbathing
Top 5 places to visit in New York
- Harlem – Well known for its jazz clubs, soul food joints and hip eateries.
- Tribeca (triangle below canal street) – Known for it’s film festival, it’s chic boutiques and hip restaurants
- Greenwich Village – Visit the clubs and bars where Bob Dylan played his first sets
- Upper east side – host to up market restaurants, museums and plenty of shopping
- The Bronx – One of the 5 boroughs, it’s gone through significant gentrification – originally the cradle of rap and hip hop
- Wall Street – gets its name form the Dutch “de wallstraat” which the Dutch built to keep out British and Native Americans invaders.
Top 5 places to stay New York
- AirBnB New York
- Waldorf Astoria New York – part of the Godfather III was filmed here
- The Plaza New York – famous for Home Alone 2
- Cachet Boutique Hotel
- Library Hotel by Library collection
Places to visit outside New York
If you’re looking to spend some time away from selfie taking tourists, and the hustle and bustle of New York, then why not hop on a train to see what’s on offer outside the city.
Greenwich, CT – Approximately 60 mins by train from New city this town is worth visiting for an afternoon. Additionally, browse the shops and enjoy a spot of lunch before heading to the harbour and beaches. Oh and there’s plenty of tennis courts aswell!
Check out New Paltz, NY – Only 1 hour outside New York this thriving village is a cradle of outdoor adventures, wineries and farm to table restaurants. It also has one of the oldest houses in New York state where the first Huguenot settlers lived.
How do I send my bags to New York – check out AiroLuggage.com who can ships your baggage, door to door, in under 48 hours!